Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lilac at Webster Hall: The Studio

Venue: Webster Hall: The Studio
Date: May 16, 2010

It was J Summit at Webster Hall this Sunday night. My friends, Lilac hosted the show with four other bands. The lighting was very dark and had constantly changing lights. It was a nightmare to shoot without flash. This was one of the nights I wish I had a FX body. Well, at least I had fast glass with me.

I felt in their previous show at Don Hill's, I was very conservative in my shooting style
. This time I want to spice it up with different perspectives. My fisheye lens will come in handy. Despite the terrible lighting conditions (tons of people were flashing), I felt I did pretty well. Definitely captured the mood of the place. Some of my favorite shots were of Gabriel Tanaka (bassist), check picture below.

No comments:

Post a Comment